Monday, June 21, 2010

serious catch-up

I had intended for this to be a place that I visit often (this blog, I mean). Clearly, that ain't happenin....

Lately, life has been so busy that I haven't had much time to slow down. I kind of hate that. The fact that the days pass so quickly. Everyone said that would happen. That Canon would "grow up so fast". That I would look back and say "where have the days....the years gone...?" I've teared up about that a good bit lately. About the fact that I'm going to blink, and Canon will be heading off to kindergarten...then, to high school prom...then, to college frat parties...and then...and then.

*sigh*

Back to the point of this post: the catch-up.

Canon Gray will be nine months on Friday. I can hardly believe it! As cliche as it sounds, it honestly feels like he just came home from the hospital. I was looking at photos from those first days late last week. Reflecting on how profound those first few moments of parenthood were. And realizing that the profound moments keep coming. Every day. Canon is growing at mock speed, it seems. His little body is filling out. He is strong, pulling himself up on furniture and moving around like crazy. He is curious about everything, which is both endearing and nerve-racking for this first time mama. He is incredibly animated, with expressions that will literally light up a room. He blows raspberries like it's his job, which makes his dad and me laugh to no end *it could be that we regret that we ever egged this behavior on, but we don't care...it's sweet communication for us at this point*

Suffice it to say, he is the joy of our lives. And I'm soaking up every second *perhaps that's the reason why I'm not visiting this blog site as often as I had intended*







About the pictures: The first three are just random shots, taken within the past month *is he not the most handsome little dude?!!* The fourth shot captures a familiar "look" for Canon Gray - nearly every night, we sit outside and wait for Daddy to get home from work *the expression that comes to his face when he sees Tim's car pull into the drive is priceless* And the fifth shot is something we love to see at our kitchen table. Canon really isn't a picky eater, but he tends to make this face when he's getting used to something new *parental confession: we've been known to offer him the same food over and over again, just so we can giggle at this face - and by giggle, I mean LAUGH LOUDLY, all three of us*

2 comments:

  1. Precious indeed. Time continues but so the love and the fun and all the experiences of "MOMhood";
    enjoy every second. We have Mackenzie and Haleigh this week while Sophie is at Gretchen's for BIBLE school. Fun , , ,tired , , ,more fun , , ,more tired , , ,much love. Our Love to all and to that great little picture perfect person.
    Aunt Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. ehhhh, that kid!!!!!! he is so squishy and fantastic!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete