On October 23, just five months ago, my life changed forever. On that day, Canon Gray was born. Without even knowing it, he has changed my world. My perspective. My time table. My decision making. My sleep (or lack thereof). My relationships. And everything, really.
I'm in a new normal now. And as I settle into it, I realize that I really need a place to go. Not to escape my life (because I really like my life!). Rather, a place to refuel, the way I've done when I've traveled to distant lands on my own -- writing down my thoughts and experiences as my feet have landed in new places (i.e. motherhood).
I don't expect that what I say here will be all that profound. Or initiate much dialogue. That's not my point, really. I just realize how life-giving it is for me to write things down -- I have thousands of pages in countless journals as evidence of that point.
14 years ago
Looking forward to reading it! :-)
ReplyDeleteYour writing is such a gift, SUCH A GIFT. I too am looking forward to many posts to come. You are a wonderful mom, doesn't take 3 degrees to see that. We all learn as we go and from each other about parenting and motherhood itself. So grateful to have you as a sister and want you to know how much you inspire me as woman! Love the Spiker Clan, 3 special souls!!!
ReplyDeleteWe are freakin' like the same person. Hahahaha.. so excited you have a blog, and so thrilled and honored to get to possibly write with you!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete