Sunday, May 9, 2010

surprise!

A week ago today, our neighbor, Tiffany, called me over to her house for (what she told me was) help choosing an outfit for a date with her husband. "It'll only take 10 minutes," she said. "And bring the boy."

So, I bundled Canon up (yes, you read that right - the weather has been crappy up here lately), and we walked over to Tiffany and Troy's. Ten minutes turned into thirty. Nevertheless, we did manage to pick out a sassy outfit to fit over her preggo belly. And enjoyed some girl talk at the same time.

As Canon and I walked back home, little did we know that Tim was watching us through the window. He'd set up a video camera to capture my reaction to what he had strategically set up on bar, in the kitchen. We walked in the house, not suspecting a thing. But, as I came around the corner and headed toward the kitchen, I saw the sign that he and his faithful assistant had crafted. It read: "You're Worth It." Translation: You're worth the *sizable* investment we've made in your love for taking pictures. I was so touched by the sign, it took me a little while to scan down to the *many* boxes that covered the bar. He'd thought of everything, and spared no expense. The smile on his face was priceless, as he watched me unpack my Mark II 5D *the camera I've been dreaming about for quite some time*

There's never been a doubt in my mind that Tim believes in me and my quiet passion for photography. But, last Saturday, he communicated that belief in me in a tangible - and unforgettable - way.

I am so grateful. And excited!


2 comments:

  1. I'm seriously considering holding your son for ransom....... ;-) Enjoy! I can't wait to see it in action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ARE WORTH IT!!! Wow. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete