I know I keep saying this, but it's so hard to believe - Canon Gray is passed the ten month mark! We are closing in on one-year, and his list of "I can do that now" is growing by the moment, it seems. Most recently, he has:
- had his first Guy's Night Out with Daddy
- moved up to a new carseat
- completed his first Music Together class (loved it!)
- spent 2 nights away from Mommy & Daddy (thank you, Nana & Papa)
- gone to Wrigley Field for the first time (special to be there with Papa)
- learned to use a straw
- mastered the art of pulling up & walking around furniture
- proven that he should've been born with gills (the kid loves to swim)
- learned to give high 5's like a champ
I am grateful to my friend, Sara, who shared a great idea with me a few months ago. She recommended that I keep a calendar somewhere handy, and record little "moments" in Canon's days: when he eats something for the first time, when he takes a big spill (it happens!), when he has a special outing... This exercise has really slowed me down. Has given me a way to look back on the weeks and months, and recall things very specifically. I only wish I would have started doing it sooner!
Must go: Either there is an actual frog in our house somewhere, or one of Canon's toys is chirping. Needless to say, I am crossing my fingers for the latter.
14 years ago
Enjoying your blog very much. A fun way of keeping up with my little great nephew. Better get a huge calendar to keep up with all the "firsts"...these are really great times.
ReplyDeleteLove to you all, Suz